Sunday, July 18, 2010

T-Minus 2 Days: Reflections and Goals

As with most things in life, becoming a poker pro is harder than it looks. The lay person will tell you that its all just luck, that there is no skill involved, and that it is gambling.

But that is not the case.

Poker is a game in which skill plays a part. And whenever skill is involved, it is possible to obtain a positive expected value, or edge, as its known in the poker world.

I've played recreationally for years and did fairly well. So when I lost my job last year, I decided to take a shot and give poker a try.

Over the course of the year, i've had ups and downs, been king of the world as well as a pauper.

Now I'm starting over. I've learned from my mistakes and have the proper perspective. I am ready. It's my time to shine.

My goals for the year are simple.
  • Give my backer an ROI of 300% within six months
  • Grow bankroll to $100K
  • Play one major $10K tourney.
Let the games begin.
lifeasapokerpro

No comments:

Post a Comment