Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 10C: Finally Some Momentum

I titled this blog 10C, with the "C" denoting that this is my 3rd attempt at making this dream a reality.  The other two attempts ended up in me practically going busto (October post covers it along with my old graphs and commentary/explainations).  So instead of titling this Day 112, I choose to title it Day 10C, 10th day of my 3rd attempt.

It has been a very long and hard few months, and during this time my poker skills and emotional/spiritual maturity has grown significantly.

I realize there is a lot of the game that I have to learn, but for the time being I feel very good about where I sit in respect to my local competition. 

Today was an interesting day, started out with a few coolers.  Lost several hands in a row and quickly went down $400 in 1/2NL.

My first crucial mistake was that confused a player for another player.  There is this one super fish who is hyper aggressive and calls down with absolute air.  The pot started out as a limp fest, 5 handed.  I had AsKh on the  BTN and raised to $20.  The guy who I mistook for someone else calls.

effective stacks $200
Flop($50):  8d 3d 2c
Villain checks, I bet $40, villain calls.
Turn:($140): 3c,
Villain checks, I shove all-in, villain tanks and calls.
River: 7h

Villain turns over JJ and it is then that I realize that he isn't the person who I thought he was :(
We talked about it and it turns out people confuse him with that other guy all the time.  So, that was a $200 mistake on my part.

I reloaded, and ran into a set over set situation.  I flopped a set of 4s, got all against against villain's overpair, villain rivers overpair so meh, it happens that's poker.

After those losses I decided to take a break a reset, I have one $200 buy-in left (I only take 3 buy-ins to the casino).

As luck would have it, I run across a guy who I loaned money to a long time ago- $100.  So now I have $300 and I notice that the 2/5NL game is full of fish.  I recognize several players gambling it up on the table.

I know, I know, bankroll management is part of the reason i've been through so much pain and agony over the last few months.  But the game was just super juicy and it felt like I was getting a sign sooooo I sit down.


I play ABC TAG and quickly get up to $500.  Then I get into this key hand.
Effective stacks $500
I'm in the BB with 4d4h
An aggro LAG raises UTG to $25, six way action UTG+1, HJ, CO, BTN, SB call so I call.

Flop($150): Ad Td 3s
I check and it checks all the way around.
Turn($150): 4c
I check, UTG bets $100, UTG+1 folds, HJ calls, CO folds,  BTN calls,
I c/r all-in, everyone folds except BTN
River($1200 ish):3d
BTN shows KQdd flush
I win with full house :)

I managed to use my image fairly well and take down a few more pots for $100 here, $75 there, and over the course of the night I was able to get up around $1900 as shown in the chart.

Even though I had a good run at 2/5NL, i'm going to drop back down to 1/2NL tomorrow and focus on that game until I build my bankroll up to $10K.

No comments:

Post a Comment