I am just coming off of a couple of 24 hour sessions so I apologize if this post is not that coherent or good.
Even though I am down a little bit I feel okay about it. Over the past 2-3 days I have weathered some extremely sick variance as well as sat patiently through periods of card deadness that would make a corpse ansy. I really feel like i've gotten through the 'worst' of it not to mention that a lot of my play was against regs playing the graveyard shift.
So what I mean to say is that I feel as though I was playing through a storm of bad variance and managed to make it through the other side more or less in tact. So now, things should be returning more or less to normal and I will start moving up the curve again.
I know the graph is not looking good but I can and will turn it around over the next couple of days (part of the negative trending is paying my backer back ($250/wk) another reason for the negative trending is spending too much time in tournaments and either bubbling or breaking even.
I'm going to get some sleep, get back to the tables, have a good couple of days, then come back with a much more in-depth analysis on the good and bad that has been happening to me over the last few days.
I'll update this blog this later this week. Wish me luck
"I really feel like i've gotten through the 'worst' of it"
ReplyDeleteOdds are not compounding from one hand to the next. As long as your playing at a table with an auto-shuffler, your hole cards in one hand are not affected by the hole cards in the previous hand or the following hand if you've given up on causality.
So if you think a run of bad card automatically equals a run of good cards in the future you're sadly mistaken.
Let me give you some advice that helped me. It is pretty easy- for a +Ev player of any discipline to satellite into every major online tourney for less than $50.
Between FT and Stars there is at least 3million in guaranteed money every Sunday.
IMO the easiest way to improve your skills is to play the Sunday majors every week. Not only are the payouts huge but very good players in every range play those tourneys/
You can satellite into the Sunday Brawl for $36 at a 9 player SnG/
Trust me and do it/
Any updates?
ReplyDelete