They had a $330 buy-in tourney on Friday, I bought into that and ended up busting out in 90th place. Typical set up, I had AT soooted and villain had QT. It was a limp fest pot then someone dink raised to 2BB and we all call--6-way action.
Flop(12BB) T 4 2 rainbow.
Villain bets 2BB, donk raises to 6BB, I shove all-in for 20BB, villain folds, donk calls.
Turn(56BB): 3
River(56BB): Q
I show AT, donk shows QT, and that was the end of that tourney.
So I go and play the cash game for a while and put my name up on the board for a single table satellite. The structure was more like a hyper turbo. We start out with 12BB, blinds start at 1/2BB and double every 15 miunutes 1/2...2/4...4/8...8/16
So really a 10 person Sit n Go (SNG)
UNfortunately, only 1st place won a seat, 2nd place got their money back.
I wasted most of my time over the weekend trying to win a stupid seat. I'd play a cash game, get called for the satellite, burn an hour playing, bust out, then spend an hour waiting to get back into the cash game....
Uggg. I lost three (bubbled twice) and then got 2nd place twice. So overall, I burnt about $400 chasing a $1080 ticket :(
This threw off my rhythym for the cash games so I never was able to really focus and crush the game. Friday and Saturday ended up being down days for me. Sunday morning was the day of the $100K Tourney and I got their at 7am so I could play a satellite.
I got down to heads up then made a stooopid mistake. We were even in chips and I decided to get cute and min raise with AJ which is a HUGE mistake, AJ is not strong enough heads up in these types of tournies to min raise. Villain calls and flops a straight. I turn a J and bet, villain shoves I call and lose :(So, the big game just wasn't meant to be. So, I resolved to sit down and grind the day away and crush the game which I did :)
I made some great plays, moves, and reads and was able to capitalize on over aggressive younger players who thought they were the shitz. You know the type, all decked out in FT or PS gear, hoodie, sunglasses, ipod, etc.
The red chips are $5, black is $20, and white are $100.
I ended the day over $2.5K up. Subtracting out all my expenses and tourney buy-ins, I ended the trip about $1K up, so overall, the trip was a success, though not as much as i'd hope (I wanted to win that tourney :(
I also had a huge series of expenses come up, payments to the IRS (ouch don't squeeze my nuts so hard Uncle Sam) as well as a payment to my backer, and rent since i'll be gone for 2 weeks.
I plan to spend a week and a half with the family and try to make up for lost time. During the last year I haven't been the best son/brother/cousin/nephew and sorta isolated myself since I was depressed.
So I will try to reconnect and be a better person and all that.
After that, I plan to do a week in Vegas and if it goes well maybe spend another week there.
My lease is coming to an end and it makes more sense to relocate somewhere that has more poker than the Bay Area. So, possible places are: Vegas, LA, Atlantic City
I will research them all but have a feeling it will end up being Vegas.
Here is my latest graph.
In the mean time, I will be playing online and reading through Harrington's Cash Game and Mathematics of Poker.

When you end up doing Vegas, try the Harrah's poker room around 10pm. Every time I've ever been, it's full of easy money. I was making a couple hundred per hour, just calling other people's over-aggressive bets.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice, definitely will do
ReplyDelete